Computer Science Department,
wyousef at fci dot Helwan dot edu dot eg
Facebook.com/X, Twitter.com/X, eg.Linkedin.com/in/X, github.com/X, where X =
- M.Sc. in Statistics, The George Washington University (GWU), 2007.
- Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, GWU, 2006.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Helwan University, 1999.
- Professional Certificate in Computer Systems and Applications, American University in Cairo (AUC), 1997.
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Communications and Electronics, Ain Shams University, 1995.
- Statistical Learning, Machine Learning, and Pattern Recognition.
- Assessment of Classification Rules and ROC Analysis.
- Design and Assessment of Computer Aided Detection Software (CAD).
- Data Analysis for Decision Support.
- PI, Designing a Computer Aided Detection (CAD) system for Breast Cancer Detection in Egypt. (2010-present).
- Research Member, Microarray Quality Control Phase 2 (MAQC2) Project (2007-present). In response to the FDA Critical Path Initiative, scientists at the FDA's National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR), Jefferson, Arkansas, formally launched the MAQC project. This is a group of over 100 members from industry, academia, and US government working on methods for developing predictive models that use high-dimensional microarray ("DNA chips") data to classify patients into low- or high-risk with respect to getting a specified kind of cancer.
- Research Fellow, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) / Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) (2005-2007). Designing and testing statistical learning algorithms to work on real data problems, e.g., medical data for diagnostic purposes.
- Internship Research Fellow, FDA/CDRH (2003-2005).
- Award of the "GW (George Washington) Co-op Student Employee of the Year" (2005).
- Internship at the Food and Drug Administration under the GWU cooperation program (2003-2005).
- Four-year Scholarship from home country to pursue the Ph.D. in the US. (2002-2005)
Activities in Scientific Societies
- Senior Member:
- IEEE Computer Society
- IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society
- American Statistical Association (ASA)
- IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging.
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering.
- IEEE Systems Journal.
- Elsevier: Pattern Recognition.
- Elsevier: Computational Statistics and Data Analysis.
- Elsevier: Engineering Applications in Artificial Intelligence.
- Elsevier: Information Sciences.
- Elsevier: Statistics and Probability Letters.
- Medical Physics.
- Australian & New Zealand Journal of Statistics.
- BMC Medical Imaging.
- Taylor & Francis, Journal of Image Science.
- Lead Guest Editor for The Scientific World Journal.
- The Kentucky Science and Engineering Foundation (KSEF).
- Information Technology Industry Development Agency (ITIDA).